DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER: As a writer, my characters are always a composite of people I know mixed with quirks, habits, and/or traits from my hopefully-fertile imagination. So PLEASE NOTE: the actors and artists depicted on this page have no connection with "Candyland" - and in no way are any characters within this written series meant to depict any person or performer in real life; any artists depicted here only a "dream cast" of talent I could visually see playing them, once the series hits TV. All characters appearing in "Candyland" are fictitious; any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Friday, June 12, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... to one of the main reasons "Candyland" exists!

The original inspiration for "Candyland" - the story of what (and who) it takes to survive in Hollywood (and if it's even worth the trip to get there) - started with three people.  Or more accurately, three characters: Candace Gray, Oscar Yamada, and Hunter West.  Had they not bloomed fully into my mind, thanks to the actors that inspired them, NOTHING you see on this page would exist today.

From the beginning I've always had a soft spot for Oscar (those of you reading the series will soon find out why, I think), and just wanted to give a shout out to KEVIN WU, who from day one inspired this reserved yet passionate, devoted and self-sacrificing assistant to - quite possibly - the biggest bitch in Los Angeles.  From the days of watching KevJumba videos left and right on YouTube, to reality television and the budding of an acting career, you have to love Kevin's energy, positive spirit, and often hilarious sense of humor.  

So Happy 25th, KevJumba, and God Bless for all the laughter and inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Funny you should say that because I love Oscar too and missed him in Ep 9! The great strength of this series is the way you put the spotlight on three or four characters at most per episode, so we spend time with each one and get a real feel for them. I hate it when writers zip around to loads of characters - so confusing! Look at Oscar's face - how cute is he! I LOVE the dark side and light side in him. Every character is totally believable and has their own "voice". You KNOW I love Neo and his photo fully justifies the image I had in mind. I love being able to refer to the blog to check out who's playing who. Can't wait for the next episode *hint*!

    ReplyDelete